- Are life circumstances getting in the way of you attending therapy or are you having difficulties getting time off of work to book regular appointments?
- Are you looking for a more convenient way to see your counselor or coach?
- Do you have transportation difficulties or child care issues that disrupt your ability to keep regular sessions?
- Do you want to improve yourself and finally tackle your goals but just cannot find the time to travel to and from the physical office?
If so, give Center for Family Counseling a call!
Telehealth Counseling: What is it?
Center for Family Counseling, utilizes three forms of Telehealth (Phone, Video, Chat) to provide alternative forms of virtual sessions to address medical, physical health, psychological, coaching, and mental or emotional health concerns. This method has worked so well with our clients that it has become our primary form of therapy and coaching. If you are out on a business trip, home with sick children, on vacation, in need of consultation (Atty, doctor, teacher, long-distance spouse, co-parenting, family members Covid-19 quarantine); Telehealth counseling can be useful for individual therapy, family therapy, couples therapy, group therapy, coaching, psychoeducation, consultations, feedback, and diagnostic purposes.
How Does Telehealth Counseling Help?
Telehealth counseling is as easy as logging on your computer or phone, texting, chatting talking on the phone, or signing in to a video conference platform that we provide, all in real-time. We have found that using Telehealth actually
- Brings your therapist to where you are and improves client-therapist access
- Provides care continuation,
- Reduces transportation, traffic stress, and childcare barriers,
- Accessible during work lunch hour,
- Decreases the wait to receive care,
- Reduces the stigma surrounding mental health care
- Increases the client privacy in their own home or office, rather than being seen in public
- The convenience of Telehealth counseling or coaching is accepted by most EAP’s, & insurance providers while reducing workplace stress and reduces employee mental health days. It is one of the preferred benefits most often requested by Employees.
Telehealth Counseling Requirements?
Telehealth Counseling or Coaching requires a computer, tablet, or smartphone and a reliable internet connection. Find a room or place you feel most comfortable to sit for your appointment. Some clients even use this counseling or coaching time to take a walk or sit outside during their sessions. As long as it is a quiet location, a stress-free ambiance can be beneficial. The use of a headset and microphone is recommended but not required to keep your session from being heard by others around may be helpful to you.
Your therapist or coach will send you the link to the telehealth platform where you will log or call in. Some platforms will automatically call out to you no matter where you are. If you are chatting or texting, you will have a private, confidential room to write between sessions or during therapy. Your therapist may give you handouts, articles, links for videos, as a part of your session, as well.
The treatment interventions and modalities utilized in Telehealth do not differ from those we use in our physical offices. From paperwork to the use of our Telehealth platform, all Telehealth alternatives are HIPPA compliant, confidential, and user-friendly. We want to ensure your confidentiality, trust, and safety.